Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Review For The Secrets Of My Hollywood Life




Book: The Secrets Of My Hollywood Life By Jen Calonita
Published By Little, Brown Young Readers 2007
Pages: 256
Finished July 10, 2010
Themes/ Subjects: Stardom, Revenge, Secret Plots, Romance

First Line: "I'm going to let you in on a little HOLLYWOOD SECRET: Movie stars don't always get along."

This book was about a big T.V star, Kaitlin Burke, who just wanted a simple break. Not that she was going to get one. She is one of the characters of the new Soap Opera, Family Affairs, who played the twin of one of her most hated people ever: Sky Mckenzie. Kaitlin didnt think she would ever be able to get a break and have a real teen life. Or so she thought.
Thats when she goes undercover as Rachel, a British transfer student, at her best friend Liz's school. There she finds herself in love, enjoying hanging out with her new friends, and enjoying her freedom. But when Sky suspects something she starts trying to ruin Kaitlins star reputation that she yearns for.
This book was very dramatic and all the choices Kaitlin found herself making seemed to all go wrong. But with a little help of her friends, make-up and hair stylist, assistant and family, she makes it through on a very big finale that catches everyones attention. I suggest this book as a beach read

4/5 Stars

4 comments:

  1. This is a great book review! I have seen this book several times before, but always thought it was going to be bad. From your review, I see that I need to reanalyze my thinking!

    Zakiya LadyWings

    ikissbooks.blogspot.com

    walkingbutterflyfeet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review! I think I too will check this book out this summer. Sounds like a fun quick read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. zakiya: i thought it was going to be bad too but it gets very interesting after awhile

    thanks everyone for the comments! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Heather: That's a good thing. Will be looking into that very soon :) And no problem. I love leaving comments.

    ReplyDelete