Friday, June 1, 2012

Another Bad Dog Book by Joni B, Cole

Another Bad Dog Book by Joni B. Cole

Published by Publishing Works in 2011

224 Pages

Themes: Memoir, Anthology, Slice of Life.

First Sentence: "Not another one."

This being the first book I was offered to review, I was very excited to read it. Thought it took me almost a year to finish it, I have to say I'm glad I didn't take anymore time slacking off. A lot of these stories have some quirks to them that I really liked and I'm glad I finally finished it.
               It starts off with Joni telling the time of how she was in a bookstore with her daughter and saw that a new book came out. And it was, hence the title, a "Bad-Dog book". This starts off the twenty-eight stories that Joni shares from her past that stood out to her. While reading these I noticed I could find some similarities between her stories and things that have happened in my life. Like in the story "Grieving My Left Foot", I found out that I was not the only one with this strange foot problem. Or having to go to an event where you don't know anyone else there and have no idea what to do.          
One of the stories called "Tween a Rock and a Hard Place" made me realize the troubles our mothers go through when were annoying, moody tweens (and teens). Though some of these stories I can't compare to now I might in the nearby future. Overall this was as very good put together Anthology/ Memoir and I loved reaing it.

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment